Cristiano Ronaldo’s best and worst opponents – UEFA Champions League – News
Cristiano Ronaldo will look to score his first goal against Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16. Which teams has he found the hardest – or easiest – opponents to break down?
• With 117 goals in 13,133 minutes of UEFA club competition football, Ronaldo scores at an average rate of a goal every 112 minutes and 15 seconds. However, that rate is considerably higher with Real Madrid (84 mins per goal) than it was with Sporting CP and Manchester United (290min 30s per goal).
• Ronaldo has played against 50 teams in UEFA competition, scoring against 33. As a Madrid player, he has faced 32 sides in Europe, with only five managing to stop him scoring: Barcelona, Dinamo Zagreb, Legia Warszawa, Napoli and Paris.
• Barcelona have proved the toughest European nut to crack for Ronaldo: he has yet to score in 450 minutes against Madrid’s Liga rivals – 270 with United and 180 with the Merengues.
• The team he has found it easiest to breach are Malmö, with his six goals across 180 UEFA Champions League minutes against the Swedes constituting a strike every 30 minutes.
• The side Ronaldo has encountered most in Europe are Lyon, whom he has met ten times – 884 minutes in total – scoring four goals.
• Ronaldo has struck nine times against Bayern München – more goals than he has mustered against any other continental opposition. These goals have come in six games, at an average of one every 64 minutes and 47 seconds.
Who has Ronaldo scored against in UEFA competitions?
• Of Europe’s big five footballing nations, Ronaldo has found German club defences most porous, averaging well over a goal a game – 26 strikes in 22 matches. However, while he nets plenty in the Liga, he has struggled with Spanish rearguards in Europe, scoring a goal only every 238 minutes against domestic opponents in UEFA competion.
• He may prefer not to move to Scotland: Ronaldo is yet to score in 352 minutes of UEFA club action against Scottish sides, by far the longest period that clubs from any country have been able to resist him.
Which nations’ clubs has Ronaldo scored against?
|Opponents by nationality||Games||Minutes||Goals||Minutes